Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vintage Style Journal Organizer Tutorial


Hello friends!
Today I am sharing a tutorial for a mini journal organizer.
 It can be so hard to keep all those shopping lists and ideas organized this month,
so I created this simple book to store all my ideas in.


For the construction of this book, you will need two envelopes and a piece of chipboard or thin cardboard.
Cut the chipboard to the size of your envelope. Mine is a little over 5x7.

Now you want to take the flap of the envelope and adhere it to the chipboard.


See how it looks on the other side? Giving you a nice pocket to tuck your lists and ideas in!


Now, repeat the same step on the other side.
This gives you your basic journal.
Now, it's time to decorate it!


Turn it over and start decorating the front of the top envelope.
I cut a piece of patterned paper slightly smaller than the envelope and glittered the edges.


I adhere it to the front of the journal and added seam binding ribbon to the cover.


Next print and cut this vintage Santa card image.


Adhere image to the front of the cover.


Now choose a title for your journal.


Add a mini poinsettia to your bow to finish off the cover.


Open to the next page and start decorating the other envelope.


I used this die cut paper that I picked up at Michaels.
 It's a new Christmas line by K & Company,
 which I love as it has several Sugar Kissed patterns in it!!!!!


Now cut out the mailbox from this vintage card and save the Greetings title for another page.



Adhere mailbox image to page.


Add some details to your page such as a mini banner and a snowflake.


Now open again to see the back chipboard piece and your two envelope pockets.

Print and cut this vintage card image.


Adhere patterned paper to the chipboard and then adhere the card image to the center.


Now add some extra embellishments!


Add smaller details to the pocket pages so that you don't cover the pocket.


Print and cut this vintage image into a circle.


On the other pocket, use the greeting title and adhere the small Santa image.


Now turn it over and cover the back of the journal and that's it!


Super easy and cute!

If you would like to win this journal, I am giving it away, so please leave a comment on our previous post titled, Giveaway Time, to enter.


Have a lovely day dear friends, Lindsey

Pin It

7 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally adorable!!!!

Jane said...

Oh, Lindsey, that is just precious! I want to make it right now!
Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

what?1 santa needs a map? I never knew! :)

I love this little book! The papers and images you used are so cute, Lindsey! I love the multiple snowman card best.

Off to enter to win! Thanks! ♥

Anonymous said...

Ooops! Looks like I already entered! Sorry- I was confused! ♥

vintage grey said...

So cute and creative! Love the vintage graphics!! Thanks for sharing!! xo Heather

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I absolutely love this idea. Can be used for so many different things. Cute, cute, cute! Best wishes and happy holidays. Tammy

Unknown said...

So prettily put together. Very sweet