Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hello Halloween

Hello friends!
With Halloween coming up in a few days I thought I would share this cute old poem I found in a vintage book of mine.


Hello, there, Halloween, hello!
Welcome, howdy - do!
I've been getting ready
To have some fun with you.

I've carved a Jack - o - lantern
And put a candle in it,
And I can have it gleaming
In far less than a minute.

I have a bag of yellow corn
To throw about the place
And just you wait until you see
My costume and my face!

- Alice Crowell Hoffman



Have a lovely day, Lindsey



Pin It

5 comments:

Sherry from Alabama said...

Twyla,
Thanks for sharing the Halloween poem and pic, they're so cute!

Thank you too, for stopping by my blog and telling me what you do with your long winter evenings. I enjoying crochet too but never seem to have much of an outlet for what I make. (Most of the women in my family crochets.)

I'm toying with the idea of opening up an Etsy shop for some of my sewing/craft/soapmaking products. It's just in the dreaming-about stage right now though. Then I would have a geat reason to sit down with my crochet needle again.

The Old Parsonage said...

Cute Lindsey!

Happy Halloween to you to!
Leann

vintage grey said...

So very sweet, and love the cute girl!! ;) xo Heather

Mary said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing! Happy Halloween!

★Carol★ said...

That poem is so charming! Happy Halloween!