Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hand Paper Stitching


Hello friends!
Today I wanted to show you my favorite tool for paper stitching!
As you can see here in this photo below, I am creating a zig zag border around my page.


Here is the finished page on the cover of my album. I love the added detail that  stitching creates!


Here are the lovely tools that I used to create this.
The Sew Easy tool, which I have the zig zag head showing in this photo. See the little spikes? That is what punches through your paper to create your stitching holes. Also you see the lovely pink piercing mat. It really is a necessity for this! Also needed is a pink ruler that you see at the top of the photo and that is a guide so that your piercing tool can pierce a straight line.


You can see in this photo what the Sew Easy piercing tool really looks like. A very simple tool with interchangable heads.
There is also a line of floss available in a variety of shades to use, but DMC works fine too.
It's so simple just to roll the piercer across the paper and then take the needle and thread and start stitching on the page.
 A little time consuming, but a great project to do while watching tv.


I took a few photos at my local scrapbook store so that you could see the wide variety of accessories.


I do really like the thickness of their line of Sew Easy Floss. The piercer tool comes with a needle, but you can also buy extras.


Just looks at all the cool designs you can pierce! I can't wait to collect them all!



Have a wonderful day, Lindsey


Pin It

8 comments:

Diane said...

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Who knew they had such wonderful gadgets these days! So much easier than doing it all by hand with just a needle.

Rita A. said...

I wondered about these at the store but didn't really look at them. Thanks for explaining.

Tammy said...

Sure beats using a needle to pierce through the page and poking yourself to death. Ha! Very cool gadgets. Best wishes, Tammy

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a gorgeous card. The sewing on it reminds me of sewing cards that I played with as a child.

Danielle

Beedeebabee said...

Your page (as always!) is beautiful, Lindsey. What great little gadgets those paper piercers are! xo

Theresa said...

What a wonderful and crafty touch! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Hendricksonowdb said...

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.