Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tag Tutorial - Retro Secretary

Hello friends!
I purchased October Afternoon's brand new
 9 to 5 paper line this week.
It's such a cute retro work/secretary themed line!
I created this tag and thought I would share the tutorial with you!


I started with a kraft colored tag. I purchased the set of 20 kraft
 tags by Ranger from Hobby Lobby, you can also find them at most other craft stores. I also picked out the sheet of Secretaries from my paper collection.


I cut out my image and decided how I wanted to place her on the tag.


I then took a white spray mist and spritzed my tag.
If you don't have the spray, you can take white paint, thin it down
with water and flick across the tag with a toothbrush.


Take a 1 x 5 1/2 inch strip of paper (blue houndstooth) and rip the
paper along one side. Adhere to tag. Cut another piece (green stripe) 
1 1/2 x 4 1/2 and also rip edge. Adhere to tag.


Cut a scallop or flower shape from patterned paper and adhere to tag.


Take your cut image and adhere using foam adhesive to make it pop!


Then cut a strip of coordinating paper with a border punch and adhere along the bottom of the tag.


Add a sentiment or sticker to the bottom corner of the tag.


Tie a bow through the top of the tag. I used seam binding ribbon that I buy by the roll from Hug Snug (purchased on ebay). I then dyed it with Wild Honey Distress Stain.


I added a stick pin through the foam adhesive
 to add a girly touch to the tag.


I glued a small paper rose to the center of my bow.


That's it! Super easy and a great way to use up scraps!
Perfect accent for a card, layout or as a gift tag!


Hope you enjoyed!
Have a bright and happy day, Lindsey


Pin It

6 comments:

busymartha said...

Totally cute!

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! Love your work and I'm one of your new followers.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tresa said...

I was JUST looking at this paper at paperissues on etsy. Now I am convinced that I want it. Your tag is ADORABLE! I'm pinning it!

Tresa

vintage grey said...

I adore October Afternoons paper, and fabrics!! So sweet your creation is!! Have a great day!! xo Heather

Sandy Ang said...

Fantastic Tag ! love your layering and makes me really want to get my hands on 9 to 5

Melanie said...

What better way of putting your tax dollars to work for you! If the school doesn't offer the classes, but another one in your county does, you may qualify for "out of district placement." Talk to your school for more information. They are certified by the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) which reflects the nurse's qualification. If nurses choose to provide their own housing, travel companies often provide a housing subsidy up to $2,000 per month, in line with the local cost of living.