Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Twyla on Tuesday - Weekend Adventure


Hi lovely friends!
I had a little weekend antiquing adventure.
I love driving to out of the way places I've never been
before and discovering little antique shops.
I found this adorable scotty planter at one such spot.


So much fun looking around a new store not knowing what
treasure might lie in the next booth!
I knew the minute I saw this creamy pink vase it was
going to be mine.  It was also nice that this small
town shop had extremely reasonable prices!



I have been wanting to display some of my stamps so I
cleared this bookcase shelf in my little studio to do so.
It helps so much when you're trying to be creative if you
have things where you can find them.  Doesn't always happen
but so helpful when it does!


Remember the striped afghan I showed you last week?
This is how it's progressing.  I am growing quite fond of it.
I usually give most of my afghans away or put them in our
etsy shop, but I think I'm going to keep this one myself.
It's my happy blanket.


On our weekend antiquing trip we discovered another
treasure quite unexpectedly.  I knew Missouri had a few covered
bridges left, but had never seen one.  I spotted a historical sign
and quickly set off in discovery.  It was built in 1871.  No longer in
use and in poor condition, it was still beautiful to me. 
Just one of those treasures that I carried home in my heart.



I do love hitting the open road and seeing places I've
never been before.  Looking for adventure in whatever comes
my way.  He, he, not exactly born to be wild, but you know
what I mean.
Have yourself a little adventure today!
Love, Twyla


Pin It

13 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

A scotty planter, how nice. I wouldn't pass that up either. I'm a bit partial to all things scotty and own more than a few, including a real life one who's 10 years old. She is a lovely old girl. Thanks for sharing.

ILoveCollecting said...

That Scotty planter and Pink vase.... LOVE!!

LBP said...

I don't blame you one bit for keeping that beautiful afghan!! I love the colors in it! I have never seen a covered bridge in person and have just found out there is one about 2 hours from where I live. DH and I are heading to see it this spring. I can't hardly wait!

Blessings

Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very cool covered bridge! How fun to stumble upon it.
Fun finds too. Stay cozy in your afghan!
Warmly,
deb

Cindy said...

Discovering new antique stores is got to be one of my favorite things to do too. I like what you found, especially the bridge!

Unknown said...

Wow you both had a fun day, I love the little doggie he is so cute and thanks for sharing the photo of the bridge, I have only ever seen these on films, this is FAB. I bet you were thrilled driving over it. I like to explore when I go out too.
Hugs Elaine

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How wonderful that you found new places in your area to visit. You certainly found some pretty little treasures. I love your stripey blanket. The colors are great! Why can't I get color combinations like that? Your art journaling is lovely too. Something else I've wanted to try my hand at but just can't seem to get going with it. Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

Becky Green said...

WHAT FUN!!!!!! I am going to HAVE TO take the camera with me from now on when I go out, just in case I find something SPECIAL!!!!!!! :)

★Carol★ said...

Love all of your finds Twyla, and it looks like it was a lovely drive too! I've decided that I need to widen my antiquing range, and maybe head into Indiana. I keep seeing the sames stuff over and over at the shops around here!

Anonymous said...

HI Ladies! Oh - your covered bridge! What stories might be told of the buggies and carriages that trotted under its canopy - or the people who strolled there in bygone times . . .

Say - you know I'm one year old in Blogland this month. Posted a little something today and just had to mention YOU!

Joy!
Kathy

Gloria said...

That scotty planter and pink vase are very sweet!

Your covered bridge you found is a rare treasure, indeed. Very nice photo of it!

Blessings for a happy week.
xoxo...Gloria

Auto Loan Rate Quote said...

Finding new traditional shops is got to be one of my preferred activities too. I like what you discovered, especially the bridge!

Nationwide Auto Loan said...

I wouldn't complete that up either. I'm a bit partially to all elements scotty and own more than a few, with a actual lifestyle one who's 10 decades of age. She is a charming old lady. Thanks for giving.