Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Twyla on Tuesday - Another Scarf and Valentine Image



Hello sweet ladies!
I wanted to share with you a scarf I made.
I made it before Christmas and wore it throughout
the holiday season and I think that it will be just
as festive for Valentine's day!


I just made it an extra long and wide rectangle in a
simple double crochet stitch so that it could be
folded in half and wrapped around when wearing.


I decided to add the ruffled edge in winter white.
I used a new yarn called Everyday by Debra Norville.
I highly recommend this yarn!  It is great to work with
and is non pilling!  I love that all my work will continue
to look new!  I've found the yarn at Hobby Lobby
and JoAnn's.


I recently found this beautiful old postcard
and knew I wanted to share it with all of you
during our month of sharing Valentine images.
It is from 1913 and was addressed to Miss
Erma Mull.  The note started out 'Dear Girlie',
I love that!  She signs off, Lovingly Ruth.
So sweet that the affection between these two
ladies can be remembered 99 years after it
was sent.


As I mentioned last week, I am reading One Thousand
Wishes by Ann Voscamp.  She is teaching me about
thankfulness.  I was thrilled to find out that she also has
a blog!  It is called A Holy Experience and I have been
so blessed by all that this inspiring woman shares there.
She is encouraging everyone to find three things they
are thankful for everyday and at the end of the year you
will have one thousand gifts in 2012.
I am so thankful for all of you who spend a bit of
Tuesday with me.
Wishing you a most wonderful day!
Love, Twyla

17 comments:

busymartha said...

Your scarf is perfect for the Valentine season! I'm sure it was a hit over the Christmas Holidays also. Thanks for showing us, hugs, Marilyn

EllenaElizabeth said...

Love the scarf.

Mereknits said...

I love it, great for anytime of the year but especially February.
Hugs,
Meredith

retrorevival.biz said...

This is so pretty, Twyla! Almost makes me want to move to a colder climate so I can wear such pretties:)

~Cindy

Happy@Home said...

Your scarf is just beautiful, Twyla. It looks just like a Valentine, but also lovely for Christmastime.
The vintage Valentine is also beautiful and the sentiments are just as sweet as the graphics.
Must check out your link as it sounds like one I would like.

Simply Shelley said...

Very pretty scarf Twyla..I haven't read the book but,I have been visiting Ann's blog for a few years...I would love to read her book.....blessings

Theresa said...

Beautiful scarf! Love it and it is perfect for Valentines day ALONG with the card:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Love the scarf, especially the pretty trim. I don't like to wear really bright red but this shade looks very nice. The card is pretty as can be and I want to check out the blog that you mentioned. Have a wonderful day and wear that pretty scarf if it is cold where you are. The wind is howling here and the temperature is dropping so I guess I will need to bundle up, too.--------- Shannon

Denise said...

I'll be making that scarf-Thank you Denise

Frances said...

Your scarf is so amazingly beautiful. It has a vintage feel to it, which I love. The scalloped edge is so sweet. I'm enjoying seeing the vintage Valentines you are sharing. I collected some several years ago but haven't drug them out in recent years. I think you may have inspired me to open that drawer!

I have been following Ann Voskamp's blog for about three years. She moves me so deeply. I always love hearing that other people are discovering her, too.

I have just recently stumbled upon your blog and am so happy I did! I have you listed on my GentleTouches blog so I will be sure not to miss any of your postings. (smile)

Hugs from my heart to yours.

Anonymous said...

"Hey girlie" ☺ I love your scarf and want to see it on YOU! I haven't seen a pic of you in a long time!

I think the Lord has given me a gift for being thanful because it comes so easy for me. Other things- not so easy!

Enjoy your day sweet friend. It's finally winter here! ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful...always love to see your work...smiles...Renee

Beth Rang said...

That's a lovely scarf! I'm so glad that Tim Holtz mentioned your website. It's a real treat to see so many beautiful images, and sweet ideas.

Shirley said...

Hi Twyla, Your scarf is beautiful and it sure would have felt good in my neck of the woods. We never did get out of the 20's today and to think we had 59 yesterday. I so enjoy your vintage valentines. They bring back a lot of memories. Take care. Your Missouri Friend.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very pretty Twyla!!!
Just COLD here and I'm okay with no snow!
Warmly,
deb

Anonymous said...

I just started crocheting a few months ago and love this scarf!! The color combo is so pretty!!

Come by and sign up for my fun giveaway!

bee blessed
mary

nannykim said...

I love the combo of the red and white and the lacey-ness of the white! Oh the book you mentioned is so good--I read it quite a while ago. I am doing the thanksgiving stuff everyday on my blog (for now anyways). I find that when you make thanksgiving intentional it starts making you thankful for even more things!