Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Barbie Wednesday


Hello friends!

Yep! It's back!
I needed a little break from the Barbie posts but now they're back!
So feel free to post with me on Wednesday's if you would like to share something from the world of Barbie and let me know, so I can visit you!




My favorite vintage Barbie item to collect is actually the cases!
I know that sounds crazy, but I love them and the houses, too!
This case is a 1963 round hat box style case. It features a Bubble Cut Barbie and her best friend, Midge.




I love these round style cases! I have 3 different ones, but am unsure of how many different ones were made. I have seen so many rare colored cases and prototypes out there in the vintage Barbie world that it makes me hope I will find more someday!




Here is one of the other two I have. I love how both these cases share a similar color scheme of aqua, pink and yellow! Perfect!




Wishing you a lovely Wednesday, Lindsey


8 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hello Ladies,

Pretty cool Lindsey! I never had one of these, nor a house, nor a Barbie of my own.......just hand-me-downs. However, I've been buying a couple here and there through the years.....probably making up for the past, and I keep them in a box under my bed. I pull them out occasionally and change their outfits, and just marvel at their pretty faces and outfits. I'll never be a connoisseur, but I will just enjoy the moment. Thanks for sharing your goodies.

Hugs,
Meri

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, so fun seeing these Barbie cases! I still have many of my Barbies and your post brought back a lot of very special memories :)

A joy stopping by!
Kindly, Lorraine

LBP said...

There is nothing in this world like the smell of a Barbie case!! LOL!! I love Barbie cases and own quite a few of them.

Blessings

Linda

Melinda said...

WoooHoo, Barbie Wednesday is back!!!! Yea!

Melinda

PinkGranny said...

I missed Barbie Wednesday. My friend had the black hatbox and it was super cute. I wonder if she saved it or not...and if not she probably has fond memories of when a group gathered to play. I got a knock-off Barbie and Ken and a genuine Barbie & Ken double case a year later when I was getting a little old for them. I believe my niece ended up with the case and then it was history...she was way too young for it. Alas, some of the choices our parents make for us at times!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, Barbies!! How I loved to play with barbies when I was little. Me and my friend used to dress them up and play for hours. We had so much fun. Thank you for taking me down memory lane.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Elroy Casimiro said...

WoooHoo, Barbie Wednesday is back!!!! Yea! Melinda

Eddie Kerr said...

Oh, Barbies!! How I loved to play with barbies when I was little. Me and my friend used to dress them up and play for hours. We had so much fun. Thank you for taking me down memory lane. ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley