Monday, July 18, 2011

Altered Frame Project


Hello friends!
Today I thought I would show you this frame I altered.
There are so many frames available
at thrift stores with endless possibilities!
I took this frame and added a decorative 5 x 7 matte to update this piece.




 
I used Odd's and Ends scrapbook paper by Cosmo Cricket to add a vintage feel to this frame. I really like the look of layered mattes so for this I created 3 layers.
2 layers being cardstock and this smallest being a pretty rose pattern.





 
Adding a ribbon across your matte is a fun way to add extra dimension and also a great way to help hold a photo in place.





 
So next time your at the thrift store, take a second look at the frames and see what you could alter!

This frame is available here.


Wishing you a lovely Monday, Lindsey


6 comments:

busymartha said...

What a great frame! Another thing I love to do with frames is turn them into chalkboards!

Anonymous said...

Great frame idea!!
Ever since I started blogging I have learned to look at things very differently in stores from Micheal's to Home Depot!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

ImagiMeri said...

Hi ladies,

Lindsey you did an awesome job on that frame, and you're right about getting frames at the thrift stores. When I had my bloggers luncheon last April and we made shadowboxes, I picked up most of my frames at a couple of Goodwill stores (we just about have one on every corner it seems). Speaking of the Cosmo Cricket paper, I'm working on some tags using that very same stuff.

Have a great week.

Hugs,
Meri

Theresa said...

Beautiful! Love it! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Great Job, Lindsey! ♥

Rosie said...

Hi! I just found you via Carrie at Cottage Cozy. So glad I did! Your previous post of your craft room inspires me to make-0ver my own room. So pretty!And such lovely creations!
rosie