Monday, October 4, 2010

A Modern Homemaker

Hello friends!
Now that my wonderful month of guest designing is over for October Afternoon, I want to share all of my creations with you all here too!
This is a layout I created with their amazing Modern Homemaker collection.

When I received paper for this I didn't have any of the cute embellishments to go along with the lovely paper. I had fun taking stickers and rub ons from past October Afternoon collections as they all coordinate so well with each other. I can't wait though to get my hands on their beautiful retro housewife embellishments!
I know this will be a collection I will continue to use for years!


I was very lucky to have my Mom create lovely crocheted accessories for my layout! Including this rose and aqua doily. She also crocheted along the edge of my paper creating a lovely scalloped border!

I want to thank you for all of your kind words throughout the month of September regarding my guest design work. I appreciated all your sweet and thoughtful words more than you all know!

Wishing you a lovely day, Lindsey

9 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, Lindsey! You did such a beautiful job with their products! LOVE their new lines--perfect! I need to order some of it ASAP!

Love the crocheted embellishing by Twyla--so perfectly vintage and lovely!

Hope you're both having a wonderful night...

Julie

Jenny at Red House said...

Hi Lynsey you are very talented! what lovely colour combos, one of my favourite looks in fact if I ever see this combo in a cushion etc I'm lost to the ring of a cash register! jennyx

Nan said...

Lindsey the crocheting your Mom did certainly set off your designs. Very clever and I love the contrasting color combination.

Scrap for Joy said...

Your creations were all wonderful...I'm sure the OA folks will have you back again. Love the crocheted embellishment that your Mom created to coordinate..the perfect touch!
Have a good week girls!
Joyce

Donna said...

Your layout is beautiful as are all the color combinations. What I love the most is the personal touch with the crochet work....Fabulous!

~Donna

Heidi Ann said...

Fabulous!!

Rizzi said...

HI TWYLA AND LINDSEY,
I JUST WENT THROUGH A LOT OF YOUR POSTS, AND ENJOYED THEM SO MUCH. I LOVE ALL YOUR VINTAGE CARDS, AND PAPERS, THEY ARE DARLING. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG "GIFTS FROM THE SEA" AND LEAVING A VERY NICE COMMENT.
I AM ONE OF YOUR FOLLOWERS, THANKS FOR BEING MINE. UNTIL YOUR NEXT POST, HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI

Unknown said...

Lindsey, It was the most fun having you be the September guest for OA. Everything created was just beautiful. Love these pages! Elizabeth

Ann said...

What a great idea to crochet along the paper's edge. I would never have thought of that and it looks absolutely perfect on the layout.