Saturday, January 30, 2010

Part 4 of my Vintage Valentine Paper Bag Album

Hello Friends. Today I am sharing part 4 of my Vintage Valentine paper bag album.


For page 7, start by cutting a sheet of patterned paper 5 ½ x 6.

Next cut a sheet of patterned paper 4 x 6. I then took this Martha Stewart Lace edge punch and punched along one side. I then cut a sheet of patterned paper 3 x 6 and punched along one side. I took Aqua blue ink and inked along the lace edges to make them stand out more.


Now add glue just along the straight edges of the 3 x 6 piece. Not in the middle or along the punched edge. Glue to the other piece, making sure to match up the straight edges.

See how this creates a pocket?

Add glue along the edges of the 4 x 6 size now just as you did with the other piece.
Glue to the bottom of your page with the punched edges facing up.




Cut a sheet of patterned paper 4 x 5. Cut a sheet of cardstock 4 ½ x 5 ½ . Glue together to create a photo mat.


Print and cut Valentine featured at the top of the post.

Place the Valentine in the bottom pocket and the mat in the top pocket. Now add ink around the edges of the page. Now on the front of the bottom pocket you can add journaling, photos or another Valentine image.



For page 8, start by cutting a sheet of patterned paper 5 ½ x 6.



Now just like the last page we are cutting and punching along the edges of the patterned paper. One 3 x 6 and one 4 x 6. Add blue ink along the lace edge.


Now glue together making sure to match up the straight edges.


See how we are creating pockets again? This is the same basic layout style but we are gluing it on to the page sideways so that it matches the last page but has such a different look.

Cut a sheet of patterned paper 4 x 5. Cut another 3 ½ x 4 ½. Glue together to create a photo mat and tuck into the back pocket. I am using my favorite glue stick which can be found here.



Print and cut Valentine.



Tuck into the front pocket and go around the edges of the page in blue ink.


Thank you for stopping by! The last installment of this album tutorial will be posted tomorrow!

If you would like the paper I used to create this album, It's the Cupid Collection by Pink Paislee. You can find a few sheets of it here and here or at your local scrapbook store.

Hope your having a great weekend, Lindsey

15 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

These are great Lindsey. Love the paper punch, I'm going to have to do this. Thanks for the sweet idea!
Debra

Anonymous said...

Lace punched double pockets! what could be better? ☺ ♥ Thanks, Lindsey!

Unknown said...

CUPID has struck you for sure. A Valentine January, getting us all ready for the big day. I've loved all the love you poured out this month.
Dearest Queen in Training Twyla...The Winter Ball is tonight...free rides on the horse WONDERFUL...Sleep tight at the slumber party..wink!

~Tonja~ said...

Oh those pockets are the sweetest...
I don't have any of these fancy gadgets but I bet it would look cute just cut straight and maybe some lace added to the top edge though....thanks for sharing your amazing talent...
Have a great weekend...
Sweet Blessings...
Tonja

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your cards and it's even more special when you show us how to craft with them! Happy weekend to you! ♥

Unknown said...

It is fabulous! I love all the elements and patterns you have used! So pretty :)
Hugs,
Amy

Julie Ranae said...

I think one of those most 'striking' things about your layers are the way you highlighted the edges of your lace punch border.

Really stands out and makes it dimensional. Love what you've done with this.

LiLi M. said...

This album is getting better every day, thank you, and enjoy the weekend, hugs LiLi

C. Dianne Zweig said...

It look so simple...but I am sure your creativity is the key!

Dianne

Celestial Charms said...

Wonderful. I love that scalloped paper edge punch.
Maureen

atelierlemlem said...

This is a great idea! I wish that mine valentine was making this for me..but now I will be trying to make it for him.
He'll love it, for sure, thank you for the idea!

Dogwood said...

I am making some Valentine cards today. I am going to use some of you vintage Valentine card pictures. How do I ever choose?!

Have a very sweet weekend.

Unknown said...

Lindsey, This project has just been over the top! I love that you showed to ink the edges in blue! Inspiring as always, I can't wait to work on my own little book! Yippie! Elizabeth

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

How cute! I'M going to give these a try.

Unknown said...

You could also need these U.S.A Facebook Suches as for gaining competitors that are held online. buy usa likes