Sunday, August 30, 2009

Elizabeth's Fun Block Party

Elizabeth from Creative Breathing recently hosted a block party! She asked other bloggers to send her a 5 x 5 block that defines your blog and featuring your name and blog name and she would send you a block back.
Here is the block that Elizabeth sent Twyla (Mom). It happened to be around the time of Mom's Birthday when she sent her block.


Here is the block that Mom sent to Elizabeth. She used a vintage card image for the background and added a crepe paper rosette to make it pop!





Here is the beautiful block Elizabeth sent me! It's so lovely! I have it hanging above my bed!





The lovely back side. I really love the paper she used. It's called Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket. After receiving this block I ordered a set of this paper!



And this is the block that I sent Elizabeth. I really had a time deciding whether to send her this block featuring a vintage Barbie or to send her a block with a vintage card image but ultimately Barbie won over!


I also wanted to let you all know that we will be keeping the list of Oz party participants on our side bar permanently right below our favorite blogs list on our side bar. I will be working the next couple of days on getting the links to go directly to the party post!
We hope you have all had a fabulous weekend!
Lindsey and Twyla

20 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

A block party, what a great idea and what fabulous blocks you all did!

Victoria xx

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, Girls! These are so pretty! Wish I'd known. I would have played, too!
Perhaps next time.
Blessings,
Donna

Diane Mars said...

Such darling blocks! E sure had a wonderful Party.
You two did darling blocks.
Hugs, Diane

Lindsay-ann said...

All the blocks are gorgeous. What a great creative idea to have a block party. I love it.
Lindsay
x

Stacey said...

What a cute idea!

Alice Regan said...

How cute! Looks like a fabulous 'block party'! What cute blocks!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love meeting new friends and hope you'll stop by again. I know I'll certainly be back to visit ...love your postings!
....Alice

queen-of-nostalgia said...

how fun! What a fabulous idea :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! Love them! Wasn't it hard to pick your theme? That's why mine ended up so packed full! ♥

Stacy said...

Love the blocks! They are so pretty with the vintage images, especially the kitty cats. Elizabeth's block party looks like it was lots of fun. What a creative idea!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

the blocks are so cute! you all did a great job:)

Elyse said...

wow, what wonderful blocks! the vintage images you use are adorable.

pottery barn kids has their own barbie and entire barbie bedroom collection. the little girl in my just swooned!

xo

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Those blocks are precious! I love your new header at the top of your blog too! It's perfect!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Dogwood said...

Darling idea and love all the blocks. Sweet, soft colors are pleasing to my eyes. Thanks for the share. Happy evening...

Unknown said...

Between Elizabeth, Twyla and Lindsey I'm totally overwhelmed and enchanted at all this fun! What treasures to behold...it's enough excitement to send up a hot air balloon. Up, Up, and away...

Sweetina said...

The blocks are sooo adorable and pretty! Next time I want to play also! What Fun!
Hugs & smailes,
Tina

Bearly Sane said...

I am learning something new everyday...I had no idea what a block party was.
Thank you for sharing and enlightening me.
Hugs,
Sandi

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Wasn't Elizabeth's block party fun?! It was my very first swap and I enjoyed myself so much.

Thank you so much for posting the blocks you made and those you received in return from Elizabeth, they're so darling and so much fun to see. (you can see the one I sent and the darling one I received from Elizabeth in return on my blog)

Sally

Melissa said...

What a sweet idea. Those are lovely. The banner is pretty cute too! Have a great week.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Girls!!
Just love the blocks you made and rec'd!!! They are wonderful. What a great idea that was.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Heidi Ann said...

Those blocks are all truly lovely.